Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Great balls of fire!


Actually, not fire, but fiber. Not even two weeks ago I was minding my own business when one of my friends mentioned temari. I should know by now not to follow links they give, especially when they comment that I don't need another hobby!


At any rate, it was not long before my first ebay win had arrived and this weekend I set about making my first temari ball.
I picked the first pattern (skipping the "learning ball" pattern) and then spent a good hour agonizing over which colors of perle cotton to buy for my first ball. Husband was totally surprised that I didn't buy out the store as I usually stock up for a new hobby like they are going to outlaw it tomorrow. I came out of JoAnne with red, off white and gold. What? You ask..."is there something wrong with my monitor or has the woman gone color blind?"
For those of you that know me well, you have realized that I made a return trip to JoAnne where I picked up the purple, turquoise and silver used on ball number one.
I am so excited with this although I screwed up the pattern and had to improvise. It is far from perfect, but I made it in a surprisingly small amount of time and I like the colors! More to come and all thanks to my wonderful friends.
*hint* another pattern boook I have shows tiny mini termari used in jewelry!!! OI! Focal beads?!??!!


No comments:

Post a Comment