Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh baby! (or my little pumpkin)

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/pumpkinset.html From Lion Brand Yarn just completed during the Daytona 500 (booties to follow)


For those that don't know, I am going to be a grandmother again in about October. My youngest, Dana, announced yesterday that she is pregnant.

When I was pregnant with Dana, I just couldn’t bring myself to tell my mom. And any time that I would work up the nerve, she would be in a really bad mood over something and I would think “this is NOT the time to tell her!” Well, it kept getting further and further along. She would stop by work and I’d go down to see her carrying a stack of files or something and my boss would ask, “did you tell her?”. I had visions of being at the hospital and calling her and telling her I’d had a baby….or even telling her stuff like “I’m babysitting up until the kid graduated college.

I had just been to the dr and he had told me that if I didn’t go into labor by that coming Friday, they were going to induce me. This is Christmas week We are at her house and she asks if I’m “pregnant or what” and I tell her I’m pregnant. “how far along”……”uh, if I don’t pop by Friday, they are going to induce”. “!@)(@#&$! Marsha! We’ve missed yard sale season!”

So there is Dana, out front of her work. She has just said “I’m pregnant” and I’m waiting for her to tell me the “real” news and she burst into tears and said she thought of not telling me but she knew I’d be mad about missing yard sale season.

No comments:

Post a Comment