Thursday, July 2, 2009

The things I do for my compulsions

So I was online a few weeks ago talking about the CGOA conference and suddenly decided to go. I had to be a member of a guild group to go to the Friday night coffee and dessert event. I am NOT going to pass this up. (it's a free event after all!) I find ONE group in my area and email them to join. Now, mind you, I am not judgemental of religious groups but when my husband heard about where I was going to go (not naming the church!) he got this wide eyed look and wanted to know if I was going to fit in. Hmm. Let me see. Mostly this church does not cut hair, doesn't wear pants, oh I can imagine the thoughts on tattoos and piercings. I go anyhow. Find out they are not as strict as some of the churches of this faith I have known (didn't see a single tattoo though!). I have really enjoyed these ladies! My daughter went last week with me and even she wants to go back. The big project at the moment is making red, white and blue scarves for the veterans home that is about 40 minutes from where I live. Here are my first 8.

I have been in a real crochet slump since have CT surgery on each hand since December and this has turned out to be what has ended the Great Crochet Drought of '09. I have another 5 made since the meeting where I donated these. I remember asking how many they wanted by Christmas and they said wistfully, "100, we hope". Pffft. Hubby figures I could do that myself and wants to know what they are going to make. lol! Seriously though, scarves are all I am churning out at the moment and I'm actually enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. You rock! I think you can do all 100 yourself too!

    ReplyDelete